- Risk-free 8-week trial
- Free return shipping
- In-house customer service
- More than 40 years of expertise
Why we love this product
We went back to the drawing board to optimize our most popular floorstanding ULTIMA speaker, but kept the unbeatable price/performance ratio. That's how legends are made.
Key advantages at a glance
- Dual HIFI floorstanding speakers from our most popular series
- Enjoy crystal-clear sound for music, movies, and games in rooms up to 35 square meters
- Tweeter with phase plug for optimized dispersion of perfectly balanced sound
- 3-way system with two high-power woofers for distortion-free playback even at high volumes
- Dual porting for deep, precise bass with no turbulence
- Fibreglass mid-range driver with phase plug for extremely crisp, easy to understand dialogue
- Large 25 mm tweeter with phase plug and wave guide for detailed imaging
- Compatible with all stereo amplifiers and AV receivers, also available as a surround set
The top seller from Berlin
For years, the ULTIMA series has been a byword for excellent price to performance ratio. You won't get this much sound for this little money anywhere else. Featuring superior audio technologies, the ULTIMA series delivers perfectly balanced playback to increase your enjoyment of all genres of music, as well as gaming and of course films. We hear just that all the time from enthusiastic industry journalists and customers. The new ULTIMAs can be easily recognized by the label over the tweeter.
Developed in Berlin
Product development for the ULTIMA series, like all our other speaker series, is completed start to finish here in our Berlin labs and anechoic chambers. After years of cross-team refinement and optimization including a healthy dose of customer feedback, the ULTIMA 40 is a true marvel of engineering.
Tweeter with phase plug and waveguide
Two features that are nearly unheard of at this price point are the tweeter's built in phase plug and waveguide, providing for extreme precision in the high-frequency range.
Mitigates phase interference near the tweeter by directing waves outward toward the listener, enhancing response at high-frequency bandpasses.
Exactingly guides each individual sound, keeping all instruments and voices crisp, clear, and distinct.
Design and materials
We took no shortcuts when it came to optimizing our ULTIMA speakers. Here are the highlights of our new range:
The cornerstone of its excellent sound lies in the design of our 3-way system, which resulted from years of development. The drivers work together in harmony across all frequency ranges, resulting in extremely smooth and clear sound production.
2 × Floor speaker UL 40 Mk3 18 (pc.)
- 1 × red rubber feet (4x) for UL 20/40 Mk3 18
- 1 × Grill with logo for UL 40 Mk3 18 + UL 40 A Mk2 – Black
Floor speaker UL 40 Mk3 18 (pc.)
High-end Hi-Fi standing speakers
Description Item Width 21,5 cm Height 106,5 cm Depth 32 cm Weight 20 kg
Description Item Terminal clamps Screw terminal, gold-plated
Description Item Suitable for AV receiver Yes Suitable for banana plug Yes Bi-Amping/Bi-Wiring Yes Maximum cable diameter 4 mm Equalisation openings (pos.) Backside Equalisation openings 2 Removable front cover Yes Enclosure material MDF Enclosure surface Laminated Net internal volume 54 L Spikes prepared Yes Integrated stand Yes Tweeter (number per enclosure) 1 Tweeter (diameter) 25 mm Tweeter (material) Fabric Midrange driver (number per enclosure) 1 Midrange driver (diameter) 165 mm Midrange driver (material) Kevlar Woofer (number per enclosure) 2 Woofer (diameter) 165 mm Woofer (material) Fibreglas Continuous power handling (IEC - Long Term) 120 W Sensitivity (2.83 V / 1 m) 87 dB Frequency range from/to 45 - 20000 Hz Peak power capacity (IEC - Short Term) 200 W Maximum sound pressure level 108 dB/1m Impedance 4 - 8 Ohm Acoustic principle 3-way-system Enclosure type Bass reflex
Connecting cables are not included with this delivery